Oh man, summer is seriously here. I say this because I’ve spent a bunch of (amazing) time at cottages, and because we are in the middle of a heatwave, and because it’s just true. Anyway, in the summer, eating gets harder because it’s hot and easy to sit around and eat an avocado and drink a gin and tonic rather than cook delicious things. So, instead of making many exciting meals, I’ve been mostly pouring this carrot and ginger dressing over everything. Tonight, for example, it went over black beans, tomatoes and avocados. Sometimes I dip corn chips in it. Basically, this blog is now boring because I keep eating this salad dressing.
Anyway, it comes via Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop newsletter, which is a super controversial topic and you should probably avoid talking to my roommates about it. But, general consensus: this dressing is great.
- 2 carrots (regular, kind of puny carrots, or one big one) peeled and chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- grapeseed oil (until you hit the consistency you want. At the risk of sounding like Jamie Oliver, a few glugs or whatever.)
Throw everything in a food processor and add the oil gradually. Then, dressing!
Now, Goop maintains that this recipe is enough for two salads, but this is crazy. This makes a tonne of dressing, like maybe 10 salads worth. Perhaps if Gwyneth Paltrow eased up on the huge salads, she could avoid the juice cleanses she always seems to be on. Cleanses are for lames!