If I could eat like this everyday, I would:
It’s too hot to cook, I just want to eat many small portions of many delicious things. Particularly delicious is the muhammara that I finally made. It’s been all over tastespotting lately, but it’s also my favourite appetizer at Utopia and my standard “I’m coming home for the weekend” request. Since I had some pomegranate molasses from the cod, I asked my mother for her recipe. Delish!
- 5 roasted bell peppers (I put them in the oven under the broiler until they were blackened)
- 1/3 to 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup walnuts, ground finely
- 4 cloves garlic, mashed up with some salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- olive oil
Peel the blackened skin off the peppers. Combine everything in a food processor, adding the bread crumbs and olive oil until it’s a consistency you like. This is, no question, my number one dip. It’s shockingly good.